Monday, August 21, 2006

Happy Monday!

Well well well, look who is up before noon! My summer sleep ins are officially over.

Monday's Show: Shunned by their church, community and society. But polygamists say they haven't lost their way. Pride in polygamy. Tune in at 10 p.m. ET.

Looks like we get another polygamy talk on 360 tonight. I don't know about all of you, but I'm just not into this story. I will admit the first couple of stories were interesting, but there really isn't anything new to me coming from the situation. Anywho, maybe I'll tune in, I'm not sure yet.

In other news, Argentina defeated Venezuela 96-54! For the second straight game ARG was able to rest their star players, after taking control of this game with a comfortable lead early on. This allowed the Argentina bench players to show what they were made of. After the game Ginobili emphasised how important it was for the bench players to allow the starting players to rest for the tougher competition ahead.

"There is no doubt that we have one of the deepest benches in the league and it's really great for us because there are a lot of games to be played if we want to go all the way to the final," he said.

Argentina (3-0) will take on Nigeria (1-2). FSN will air the game at midnight. Hmm do I stay up an extra hour and half to watch my Ginobili play, or sleep since school starts that day..... *ponders* I know I'll wake up and well first days aren't that bad, so I think I'll support Manu! Man I really wish I had my Argentina Ginobili jersey to wear, but NO dang text books put that on hold! lol
The USA will face Slovenia next. Go USA! Go Beno Udrih!! (#14 San Antonio Spurs)

On a more personal note, as many of you know I'm a musician. I was looking through my "music appreciation" text book and it was about reading music and all that good stuff as well as history of music. I think this is going to be an easy class! YAY! My sister also took on the task of learning to play bass guitar for jazz band at her school (8th grade). So she was needing some help with some music, and boy was I confused! I haven't read bass cleff in 3 years! So know, I'm taking it upon myself to learn bass guitar along with her so I will be able to help her. It's not as hard as I thought it was (getting back into the groove of reading bass)but I have more respect for bass guitarist!

Anyhow, I hope everyone has a great Monday!!

Screencap courtesy Bcfraggle

No comments: