Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Movie Review: "The Dead Poets Society"

Synopsis:
Academy Award Winner Robin Williams delivers a brilliant performance in one of Hollywood's most compelling and thought-provoking motion pictures. Williams portrays passionate English professor John Keating, who, in an age of crew cuts, sport coats and cheerless conformity, inspires his students to live life to the fullest, exclaiming..."Carpe Diem, lads! Seize the day. Make your lives extraordinary!" The charismatic teacher's emotionally charged challenge is met by his students with irrepressible enthusiasm-changing their lives forever.

WOW, what can I say about this film, besides the fact that it is one of the drama films I have ever seen! Backed with an all star cast, the message in this film is one that will forever change your outlook on many aspects of life. This film made me laugh, made me cry, and actually made me mad. I guess it's somewhat easier in today's society, but I do think that some people out there are pressured into so many different things because they feel like they have to live up to their parents standards, or follow in someone's footsteps.

Robin Williams was amazing,as well as RSL and the rest of the crew. If you haven't watched this film, I highly recommend it, and if you have watched it, maybe you should watch it again; who knows what you'll find the second time around.

Wow, RSL really hasn't changed all that much!!

Photos from "The Dead Poets Society"

No comments: