Thursday, April 17, 2008

WHOOHOO the time is here!

Well, well, well, look at what we've got here! The 2008 NBA Playoffs kick off this Saturday!! It's been one heck of a journey in the Western conference this season which is so exciting!! I mean sure it's always been the tougher conference but sheesh!!! My apologies in advance but since I'm super excited, you will more than likely get a great dose of off topic nba posts for a while. However, I will try to make it worth your while with some yummy Ander-goodies mixed in :)

Western Conference First Round Matchups
Lakers v Nuggets
This series should be a pretty good one, but I do think the LAL will advance.
Jazz v Rockets
I'm only rooting for the Rockets, partly because I don't like the Jazz and I like Luis Scola and Tmac
Spurs v Suns
I shouldn't even have to explain why the Spurs are my pick :)
Hornets V Mavs
Although I dont really like the Mavs, I think they will advance due to their post-season experience; however it should be a good match up depite the way the Hornets played last night against the Mavs.

Eastern Conference First Round Matchups
Celtics v Hawks
Who knows maybe we can have another 1st round upset like the Warriors did last year in the West...but yeah I dont really anticipate that happening.
Cavs v Wizards
Don't really know how these 2 match up but I'm going for Lebron.
Magic v Raptors
I like D. Howard, so I'm rooting for the Magic
Pistons v 76ers
I dont like the Pistons, but let's be realisitc here, I just dont see the 76ers knocking them out of the first round.

So there you have it anderfolks, my nba playoff first round choices :)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds like you get as excited over the NBA playoffs as I do over AC360!

Rita said...

Chris: You have NOOOO idea! I love the playoffs for a few reasons. 1)The atmosphere and hype around supporting your team. 2) Actually getting to watch my team play on tv (i'm not close to San Antonio at all so they hardly broadcast the Spurs games on national tv as well. Locally I only get the dallas mav games *blah*) 3) All the athleticism shown on the court throughout the entire playoffs is just great!