Friday, April 18, 2008

P.S. I Love You

Well folks I just finished reading Cecilia Ahern's book P.S. I Love You. I started reading it Wednesday evening before watching the Spurs game and couldn't put it down. It was such a great book, beautifully written, and filled with emotion. I'm not one to get all teary-eyed or anything in movies or books, but I'll have to put all that aside to say that this book made me tear up more than once, and at one point I really just wanted to stop reading and CRY!

I decided to read the book before the movie (starring Gerard Butler and Hilary Swank) is released on DVD (May 6th I believe). I was super disappointed that I wasn't able to watch the movie when it was released in the theater, but I've been eagerly waiting the release of the dvd.

Ahern's writing pulls together such fragile emotions at the loss of not just a loved one, but a soul mate. The daily motions and trials that one must go through are portrayed in a very realistic way and pulled together through the love of friends and family.

I would recommend this book to EVERYONE. I'm not one to really just pick up a book and start reading especially with my school schedule, but I do enjoy reading when I don't have to. I can't even put into words all the emotions I felt while reading this book, but I like to think that the sign of a good read is when you're able to get lost in the plot as if you were there, as if you were the main character, or sitting on the outside looking in, and that's exactly what this book did for me.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Great review Rita. I can't wait to read this book now. It should be right up my alley; I am one of those who blubbers over sad and sentimental movies, books, and television programs.

Rita said...

Chris: Thanks

Anonymous said...

I love to read. I will have to check this out. Thanks for the review.

BJ

Rita said...

BJ: You're welcome!!