Monday, March 03, 2008

Hope you all had a great Monday. The weather here was gorgeous; warm and sunny. I was enjoying walking through downtown sans coat or sweater until I realized what a mess it's going to be tomorrow. They are forecasting snow tomorrow, warm Wednesday, snow again Thursday. I think the weather is suffering from Bipolar disorder.

Clinton's Catholic Support
Hillary Clinton might be on the ropes, but she could be down for the count if it weren't for Catholic Democrats and their fervent support. They've backed the winning candidate for in every election since 1972... will they pull through for Clinton? Tonight, 10 ET

No blog from Anderson today, but I read Gary Tuchman's pertaining to Hillary Clinton's Catholic Support. A couple of the comments caught my eye. I don't know if it's permissable to copy and paste blog comments so I will just post the link. http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/03/catholics-for-clinton-lots-of-them/

Being Catholic myself, I tend to take notice of other opinions, whether they be from Catholics or other people's feelings on the subject. I always considered most Catholics, other than myself, to be rather conservative. It was surprising to see that someone else thought the exact opposite. It's funny when you're a Clinton supporter, be it President Clinton or Hillary, you feel like you have to justify your position. Often I find myself defending them, like it's a necessity. Morality often comes up. I have a problem with people questioning their morality. To me, morality involves more than just sexual matters. I've noticed that people seem to think President Bush scores higher on matters relating to morality than President Clinton, because Clinton engaged in extra-marital relations. However, I feel that leaving thousands of people helpless and stranded after Hurricane Katrina is also a matter of morality. As we all know, this administration under Bush's leadership failed miserably in the aftermath of Katrina, and to this day for that matter. Isn't this even worse than Clinton's moral lapse? At least Clinton's lapse hurt no one, but himself and his family,and Monica.

I'm surprised no one is mentioning the Katrina debacle during this primary season. I wish the candidates would be questioned on how they plan to prevent this from happening again and how they will return FEMA to it's former glory, if you will. During President Clinton's administration, FEMA was always being praised; what happened and how can they regain their prompt and expert response to disasters?

It's been a long weekend and hopefully Anderson will be back tonight. I hope it isn't from Afghanistan or Iraq! Here's a picture for your Monday, it's an oldie but a goodie.

screen cap courtesy of Sahira, merci beaucoup!Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

The Pensacola Hippie said...

dannng those " ome hither" eyes and little smirt! * drools*