Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter

While on the subject of Regis & Kelly, remember when Anderson was mixing the meatloaf? Well, I sure could've used those large, skillful hands the last couple of days. Two things my hands were not made for; playing the piano and kneading bread dough. The image of Anderson easily mixing all that ground meat popped into my mind as I was struggling with the dough for the Easter bread and nut rolls. Finally, with Mom's help, I got it all done. Everything from the colored eggs, to the Easter cheese and little lamby butter was packed into the Easter basket and blessed. Thankfully, the priest was nice enough to bless it at home since we didn't have anyone this year to haul it to the church for us.

It's a really sad Easter this year since we didn't get any company. I don't know about all of you, but to me it's not a holiday unless you have a house full of relatives. It's extra nice if kids are included. Most of our egg hunts have been indoors since more often than not it's too cold outside, even if we don't have any snow. This year we had sleet, but just a little.

Since I didn't know at the time that no one was coming home, I bought a heap of Easter candy. Every kind imaginable, except for candy corn. Not that I don't like it, I just didn't see it anywhere and I forgot about it. Maybe I'll just hop on over to UPS and ship my nieces an Easter basket. I bought mystery books for Mom so she will have something to read while she munches on her Peppermint Patty, peanut butter cups, marshmallow peeps, clear toy, and coconut bon bons. Remember how they always talk about sitting around and eating bon bons? I think it's sort of like "ladies that do lunch"! So for a day or two we can live like a princess, reading a book and eating bon bons. Surprisingly, I even found rock candy. Mom always talked about rock candy. Now I finally found some. Don't tell, but I already stole a rock or two to try it. Was good!I have to admit I was kind of bummed out that I had to buy my own coconut Easter egg. What's even worse, I had to buy kisses too. The kind wrapped in pastel foil as in Hershey kisses. I bet I had you wondering 'bout that one!

Hope everyone and Anderson has a nice Easter surrounded by all your loved ones.

Here is an Easter treat for you: http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F71348EAE44

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter...
it's true,Easter is not the same without family.


I live with my sister,it is just her and I.
She is working all weekend,so I am having an Easter by myself this year.

I hope Anderson has a Happy Easter with his mom.

The Pensacola Hippie said...

GREEEEEAT PIC

Anonymous said...

WOW that puzzle was fun. I hope you do more of those. Thanks, BJ

Chris said...

Glad you liked the puzzle BJ. I'll try to have one every weekend, how does that sound? We need something for the Anderless weekends. I'm saying I'll try because it may end up like the screencaps; I get them from someone else and if they don't make them for some reason then obviously I can't post them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chris, that is a great idea for an Anderless weekend. It sure was fun to work. Seems like I put his face together pretty quickly, then my time slowed down for the rest of it. ha BJ