Friday, January 25, 2008

Wow...so many emotions being stirred back up again...

Well with the tragic news of Heath Ledger's death, alot of old emotions have been stirred up for me personaly. It's times like this that I find myself thinking about my grandparents, my friend, and my beloved dog Domino. As many of you know I've lost all my grandparents, a good friend, and my dog passed away December 9th, 2007.

I do miss them all terribly, but know that they are in a better place. I know what it's like to lose someone extremely close, as well as to have so many questions and not knowing what happened. I just want to extend my condolences to the Ledger family, but also to the multitude of people that have lost someone close to them recently. Death is just another part of life that we all must deal with sooner or later, and I honestly think it does make us stronger.

If it wasn't for my grandparents, at the time of their deaths I wouldn't be in the position I am today and wanting to go into the field of forensics. It is because of them, and going through the rough time that I am able to be strong, and accept death in order to help the survivors of the victim. I can't wait until I'm in the field and am able to relate to the people I will come in contact with in the future. So even after death, our loved ones can still shape us, and teach us valuable life lessons.

No comments: