Monday, April 02, 2007

AnderMonday

Hope everyone has made it through their Monday; only 3 hours to AC360. Tonight's show :

She left a long trail of dead husbands. Now after decades at large, the woman known as the "Black Widow" is in custody. Hear how she allegedly spun her web. Tune in tonight at 10 ET.

I thought they caught her a long time ago! I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

If you missed Friday's show, you missed an excellent one. Besides "The Shot" which is always good, there was the story about the little boy whose Daddy came back from his tour of duty in Iraq. When he was shipped off, he promised his six year old son that when he returned he would pick him up at school. While he was stationed in Iraq, the class wrote letters to him.
When he walked into class, the sight of that little boy running into his Daddy's arms was a heartwarming sight. He burst into tears, as most of us did I think, and wrapped his little arms around his Daddy's neck. Now if that didn't reduce you to tears, then the little whispered exchange which came next will surely do the trick. Holding his son close, Ensign Bill Hawes told his son John "I missed you too kiddo him. Trying to speak through his sobs, little John Hawes said, "I missed you, too, Daddy!"
Like Anderson said of this video, "It can warm your heart and break it at the same time!" How true!

I've watched this multiple times already and it never fails to bring tears to my eyes.

"Thankfully, blessedly, parents do come home from war," Anderson said. I say, "amen to that!" I wish we could see more happy endings like this. And I wish everyone's homecoming was this sweet and joyful! Better yet, I wish they didn't have to go to war at all.

In closing, may all those British men and women come home soon and have happy reunions with their loved ones.



No comments: