Tuesday, April 17, 2007

We shall Never forget

It always seems to amaze me how human beings can come together during a time of tragedy. As we are all aware, headlines from Virginia are all over, and we all know the stories behind it.

I was able to watch the last part of the convocation and it was just amazing. It brought back many memories, particularly one from my freshman year when we had 2 students killed in a car accident as fall break was beginning. One of the students was a very good friend of mine from church. I remember sitting in the auditorium and to be able to witness the compassion and unity amongst all the students was very heartwarming. Tragedy on any scale is just that a tragedy and my heart and prayers go out to all those affected by the tragedy in Virginia. I just hope that we can all learn from these past experiences, Virginia Tech, Columbine, and others and learn to love one another the way we are all called to love.

"An American Elegy" was composed by Frank Tichelli in honor of those that survived as well as lost their lives during the Columbine school shooting, but the emotional sounds of this song can be appreciated in any tragedy, and I hope you will take the time to listen to this amazing composition and reflect on what has happened, and what is happening in our world and take the time to be thankful for everything you have, and all the hard times you've been through but have come out on top victoriously!

I pray that God will open the eyes of our society and shed light into the darkness and use each and every one of us as a vessel for His love to reach out to those in need, to those that are hurting, to those that just need someone to show compassion and love into their lives.

1 comment:

Chris said...

That last paragraph was beautiful and I agree completely. I think we all need to practice the golden rule a bit more.

We are told to treat others as you would want to be treated. If we all followed this simple rule more, I think we would have fewer tortured souls among us and this type of tragic event wouldn't occur. It's worth a try!