Monday, September 04, 2006

RIP Steve Irwin

Please forgive me as I'm trying to type this up. I just got news that Steve Irwin, the crocodile hunter, died today while filming an underwater documentary. Stever was the one who changed my perspective on wildlife conservation when I was a teenager, and I always wanted to meet him and thank him for that. So in memory of Steve, today's blog will be dedicated to him and his passion for wildlife. Thank you Steve for all that you have done to educate the world on wildlife conservation. My prayers go out to Terry, his wife, Bindy, his daughter, and Robert, his son.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rita - I couldn't believe it when I read that he died. Was there an accident or something while filming? He doesn't look very old to me, unless I've only seen old programs and stuff. That is so sad!

Rita said...

He was filming an underwater documentary while being stung by a stingray to the chest. He was 44

Anonymous said...

i will miss him, too! :(

Anonymous said...

Rita,
THANK YOU for your words and images of Steve and his family. I am shocked, like everyone. I feel so badly for his family. What a
tragedy. Steve was so full of life and lived his life the way he wanted to - I respect him for that.
The poor family!

Rita said...

Van: I keep asking myself how I can feel so sad about someone I've never met, but I've came to the conclusion that Steve never held anything back on camera-who he was on film was exactly who he was in person, so we really did get to know him through his show.

He will be missed very much, I still hope to make it to Australia after graduation for the summer and hopefully go to the Zoo and who knows maybe volunteer. That would be amazing!