Monday, November 26, 2007

Last Night's 60 Minutes

All I can say is....WOW! Anderson 's trademark integrity always impresses me, but I had tears in my eyes at the end of his segment. Plus, I learned a lot. For instance, I did not know that there is a marked difference between " minimally-conscious people " and those who are in a " persistant vegetative state". And Ambien, a very common sleep aid, who would have guessed that it could bring someone back from a state of low consciousness. It never fails to amaze me what medical science can do.
Anderson appeared to LISTEN to the folks he interviews, and this is what sets him apart from most mainstream television journalists. I usually do not watch 60 Minutes unless he has a segment OR the topic is of interest to me. This time both criteria applied.

*EDIT ADDED BY RITA*
If you missed the broadcast, you can find a segment that 60 minutes have posted on their website HERE The segment is about 12 and 1/2 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mac--You are right, this was a good piece done by Anderson. I am so glad that he has moved on from celebrity interviews and is now doing some really good stories for 60 minutes.