Sunday, November 25, 2007

60 Minutes Tonight!


Hey Anderfans.....don't forget to view 60 minutes this evening. Anderson has a piece. I am not sure when his report from the Congo will air, but reliable sources tell me that it most-likely will air early in 2008. I am really looking forward to viewing this particular segment.
I love Anderson's field reporting. In my opinion, field reporting is what he does best. Don't mistake me, I also love watching 360 live in his NYC studio, but at the same time there is nothing we journalist types love more than reporting from the field. He was amazing during the " Katrina" coverage. One of my favorite Andermoments was when he was taking that senator to task for blabbering about how" thankful" she was to all her politician friends.
He is an excellent writer and I, too, wish he would contribute more to the written form of journalism.
So, what are some of your favorite Anderson Cooper moments?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, started watching Anderson's reports during Katrina,in my opinion,some of the best reporting I have ever seen,by anyone.

And I stood up and cheered the night he lashed at Mary Landrieu and her speech of ''thank you's''-it was like she was at the Oscars!
I think that was my all time fave.

I love his Reporter's Notebooks,I still cry when I listen to them from time to time.
The one that really sticks out in my mind was one of them from NOLA,where he ended it ''not even dignity in death.''
And the line of his book ''hope is not a plan' sticks out a lot as well,when I hear all the politician saying about the plans for this,that and everything.

I do wish he would write more if he had the chance,especially on the 360 blog.I used to always enjoy going to that blog,but now I do not like it at all.It has completley changed,and not for the better,in my opinion.

He is at his element in the field,no question.

Anonymous said...

I love when he is in the field. He seems to really enjoy it the most. I just hope he doesn't give up the anchor desk to become just a reporter though.

Anything that he has done on Africa really stand out in my mind. He is always so kind and compasionate when he goes there.