Saturday, November 24, 2007

Changing the face of TV News


I came across this and just had to share. Now I know this blog is supposed to focus on Coop's work, but let us be real here. The guy is so good-looking! And if you think about it, he really is changing the way TV jourrnalism is and will be in the future.
I believe I read somewhere that AC has cornered the market among 18-35 year old viewers when it comes to TV news. To get most people in that age bracket to watch the news on a regular basis is somewhat of a miracle. I should know, as I am in the journalism business!
I have followed him since his days at Channel One( the only part of that morning commercial-fest aimed at schoolkids that I watched.) I admit that I did not really follow " The Mole" as I am NOT a fan of reality TV. But since the whole series is now on DVD I may see if I can save up my Christmas money and purchase a copy. Yes, I will watch anything with the talented Mr Cooper in it, even a cheesy reality show!
I am also hoping to buy the paperback book...with the bonus DVD. Does anyone know if he still writes for Details magazine? Usually I do not read books by famous people, but AC's book is different. I borrowed it from the library and read it twice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone told me that they checked out a Details Magazine and he was not listed as a contributor any longer. I don't know when the last one he wrote, but it has been awhile back.

Hey we all like following Anderson and what he reports, but it is nice to get fangirl once awhile. LOL

You will love the DVD with the paperback book, it was soooo good.

Rita said...

I really need to find this dvd you speak of ANON! All I hear is how great it is!!

Anonymous said...

I have been a fan since his wonderful work during Katrina in 2005.
I would have loved to see his early days however,both at Channel One,and ABC.I would also liked to have seen his early CNN days too.

I loved the Mole as well,but as far as I could find out,the only Season on dvd is Season 1.

Do you know if Season 2 is coming out,or is already out-I would love to know if it is!

I miss his Details articles,he is such a good writer,I wish he would blog more often.


The dvd that came with his paperback is wonderful!
Hudson Group was the one who had it online back this summer as well as being available at certain airports,I am not sure if they would have them now,they might.

Anonymous said...

Rita, I hope you do find the DVD, you will just love it. Like Anonymous #2 said, it was only sold at Hudson Book store at airports.

Anonymous #2, that is when I got hooked on Anderson was during Katrina. I too, would have liked to see him at least back during his ABC days. I did buy The Mole DVD. It is my understanding that because of 9/11, they did not finish Mole 2 and that is why they never released it on DVD. I may be wrong about that, but that is what I heard.

Anonymous #1

Anonymous said...

HI,
I saw your messages regarding the Mole Season 2.
My friend told me they were on youtube for awhile,all 13 episodes,and the particular account they were in had a listing to all of them being available for download on Megaupload.
The account is no longer active now though,and youtube no loger has them.
Does anyone know anything about that,how to access Megaupload to get them?