Sunday, November 05, 2006

Just wanting to share....

"It's not about talent, it's about heart. It's about who can go out there and play the hardest. They aren't going to give us anything, so you have to go out there and TAKE IT!"

The above quote is from the movie "Glory Road", my all time favorite movie, and at the moment that is my all time favorite quote. I shared it with a couple of my team mates before our first game last Thursday, and just wanted to share it all with you. Yes, it may have seemed more relevant before a basketball game, but I strongly believe that it has a great deal of significance in how we live our lives.

Being a college student, as many of you may know, I'm still trying to find my bliss-which isn't as easy as I thought! Many of you out there may know what your bliss is or may be like me, still searching-still searching for that one thing that you are so passionate about, searching for that one thing that will complete your life, finding the reason you were put on this planet, your mission, your goal in life. Whether you have found it or not, everything leading up to that point and there after is all about heart.

It's all about going out in the world, and holding nothing back, putting everything you have into your mission. The road isn't easy, it isn't straight, and it isn't smooth, and wasn't cleared for you.

So if your struggling to find your passion in life, keep your head up, and remember follow you heart!

I hope that makes sense to all of you, it just came to me and I had to put it down in some kind of writing. Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rita - typical me, if Anderson's name isn't at the top of the post I tend to skip it. However, I happened to glance up from a pic and happened to read a line of this post. It was so compelling and true I went back and read the entire post. It's a really eloquent post and like I said before, it is oh so true. It's something we all need to remember, especially when we are feeling lost and without purpose.

Thanks for sharing and thanks again for the vids.

Take care of yourself!

Rita said...

Andysgirl: Glad you liked it :) I had an inspiration and just had to let it out! lol