Monday, October 02, 2006

Domino

My dog Domino is such a wonderful dog; he's loyal and even gets on to the "beast" next door when he gets out of line.

The other day I noticed that the flies wouldn't leave Domino alone, so I went out and bought some doggie supplies and took him a bath. Fun times, I tell ya! Domino managed to get me soaking wet, even though he was very calm throughout the entire time.

Domino is 12 years old, making him approx 84 years old in dog years. I've had Domino since I was in the 4th grade, and he's my best friend. When I find myself down in the dumps with no one to talk to, I always go outside and just sit on the porch talking to Domino, who just sits there with his head on my lap and listens.

Domino has been there with me through the hardest times of my life, the loss of my grandparents, and I don't know what I'll do when his time is up. Dalmatians live between 10 and 12 years, so maybe Domino is going to be a little trooper and prove that wrong...I hope so.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Domino has been a faithful friend to the family for many years (and a good listener.)