Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Lethal RocketsI

Merry Christmas to all of you who are Greek Orthodox and observing Christmas today. My mom and I celebrate today in addition to the Dec. 25. I gave her the gifts I didn't have time to wrap for our family Christmas. Although I'm not sure whether or not she liked them. She said she was afraid to look in the box. I'm not quite sure what that meant. Sure the box was big, but I still don't understand what she meant. Anyway, it was a nice day to stay indoors and wait for the snowstorm. Although, I'm not sure 2-4 inches constitutes a storm. The wind is kicking up that's for sure. Now on to the latest Andernews.

I got a shock when I went to the blog page and there was no entry from Anderson. You don't suddenly disappear when people know you're in a war zone; it's very unsettling. Finally I scrolled down until I found his name and came across a video blog. I recognized it from the program so I don't know what that means for tonight's broadcast. He did say he'd see us tomorrow so I guess he will be reporting live from Israel tonight. Since I don't fly much myself, I couldn't figure out whether he would've had enough time to fly back home and do the show from New York. Even if the Israeli government won't let them into Gaza, I'm surprised the local reporters haven't contacted him and given him contacts or interviews that he could use. If I were there I would sure have at least tried that tactic. One thing is for sure, his blogs are generating a flood of responses. Yesterday's blog had 201 responses while another had 365. For a look at his blog from this morning, click on the link. http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2009/01/07/lethal-rockets/

One of the comments on the blog today mentioned that Anderson was on his way home. I couldn't find any official mention of this to back it up so I decided to just dismiss it. As much as I would rather have Anderson come home and be safe, I think it's a good thing for the media to be over there. I think the area needs a good dose of "keeping em honest".

In the program last night, Anderson did a report on the type of rockets Hamas was using. The segment was interesting, although I'm not sure why they cut off the end where Anderson was trying to show us how many weapons the police had collected. I was also curious as to what kind of weapons the Israelis are using.

Well, it's time for a cup of Christmas tea and a warm blanket to snuggle in while I watch AC360. Have a great night everyone!

No comments: