Thursday, January 01, 2009

Just Another New Year's Eve

So we're starting another year. For some, it's an exciting time filled with anticipation of new opportunities and wonderful adventures. For others, it's a sad time filled with apprehension and a sense of foreboding. Anderson once again rang in the new year in Times Square. For the second straight year he had a co-host. Personally, I think he did a perfectly superb job on his own with Erica or Kyra Phillips in the crowd. What did you think of the program: great alone, or better with a co-host? Would you prefer a different co-host?

I hope you all enjoyed your holiday and that the new year will be a happy and healthy one filled with lots of dreams come true.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally I did not like the show with KG. I think Anderson does a better job with just him and his CNN co-workers. I did like seeing Don Lemmon.

Hope all here at Andernation have a great 2009!

BJ

Anonymous said...

I prefer the NYE program with just Anderson. I don't even remember hearing "New York, New York" and missed most of "What a Wonderful World." The program just didn't have the class it's had in previous years. I hope CNN rethinks its decision to have Kathy Griffin on every year. It was better with Erica or Kyra cohosting with Anderson. It was almost embarrassing the way she was hanging on to him all the time. If one of his fans did that they would probably be calling for security!

Rita said...

I didn't see the show, or last years, but I remember seeing clips and I didn't like her at all.

Btw, I had some more graphics to post but yeah ... didn't back them up...and lost everything from my computer *sad day* So i'll be working on some more soon hopefully :)

Anonymous said...

I think Anderson's broadcast from Times Square was not one of his best. I preferred the ones he did solo with Erica or Kyra down in the crowd. They were fun but still had some dignity. I also liked when they had the winner of the CNN Heroes appear with Anderson. This time you barely heard from him, she talked over him as well as everyone else. They didn't have time for the news highlights of the past year or I-reports. In the promos, Anderson mentioned that he would do the news related stuff and KG would do pop culture. I don't think he mentioned any news events; at least I didn't hear any.