Thursday, May 06, 2010

Nashville Recovery

Hey folks! I don't know about you but it's been a tough week. I'm glad the weekend is here. 360 was great the last couple of nights which helped a little. Anderson can always make things better. I'm so glad he went to Nashville. I can't imagine how they manage to keep smiling after so many have lost so much. I know we're not supposed to be attached to our belongings, but I must confess I would be devastated if I had to go through what the people of Nashville are going through right now. I guess I'm too sentimental. Our eartly belongings represent people we love and memories of times, events, and feelings shared. Everytime Anderson covers one of these disasters I think about how I would feel and what I would do if I had to go through it. Let me tell you, the results aren't pretty. I'd probably do as well as I am handling being without Mom.

I'm sure many of you are tired of me mentioning Mom. I apologize but she seems connected to everything I think and do these days. I have come to the conclusion that no matter how much time we'd have together, it wouldn't have been enough. The bond is too great and after so many years it's hard to let go. I must say though, if I hear one more person say it's okay because she was 91, I will hurt someone. When it's your mother, the number doesn't matter because you always want more time.

Having apologized for getting personal, I'll go back to AC360. The show from Nashville was great. Anderson is at his best when he's out with the people and talking one on one and allowing them to share their stories. I just wish he could go to every town that has a disaster. I wonder how the people feel in those places where 360 doesn't show up. Do they feel neglected? Do they wonder why other people's disasters deserve a AC360 visit but they don't? My prayers are with them all and I hope they recover as quickly as possible and get back to their normal everyday routines. I was especially touched by the litle boy (or should I say young man) who went out with his dad on their boat to rescue people. He is to be commended for his courage and bravery. I was surprised he wasn't scared being at the water's edge and his quickly rose higher and higher.

Let us not forget these people now and in the months ahead as they recover and always remember to include them in our prayers.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: