Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oil spills and this and that

Hey everyone! Okay, I know I've been awol for a few days. If my muse and motivation are absent, I figure it's better to skip a day or two. I've noticed there are some blogs in the Anderworld that never miss a day: come rain, shine, sleet, or snow they blog on time. It doesn't matter if they are in a good mood or a foul one, they blog on time. At first, it's almost admirable. However, in reading these blogs you'll notice that they criticize Anderson's every word, the stories he covers, the way he covers them, and .... well, you get the picture. I often wonder how many decisions are made at CNN by people who believe that the opinion of these bloggers is the opinion of the rest of us. As for me, these bloggers don't speak for me. I like the show and even though it lacks Anderson's personality and integrity when he's not there, it's still a good show. I just hope we don't lose AC360 because some bloggers had a bad day and aim their constant complaints at the program. One thing I'm curious about is how many of you watch AC360 even when Anderson is off. Maybe it depends on what else is on. I wonder if Anderson watches it when he's off? You know, get a glimpse from the other side of the camera?

I still don't understand their cutting the show from two hours live to one hour live. For some reason they didn't consult me on the matter. Enough on that subject.

A bit of environmental news; the oil slick edging toward Louisiana. Does this convince anyone why we shouldn't have offshore drilling? When bad things happen we always wonder why. Why did God let this or that happen? Maybe sometimes it's his way of smacking us on the back of the head like Gibbs to get our attention. I hope this oil slick convinces people we shouldn't be drilling in the ocean. Besides the chance of an accident, doesn't this raise the temperature of the water making hurricanes stronger? Even cell phones create some heat despite their small size, surely all that huge drilling equipment would create heat. We'll keep watching and hopefully Anderson will keep em honest and maybe even take a trip down there. Sorry about the ranting but this is a subject that gets me hot under the collar. Mom is probably glad she isn't here and would have to listen to it. That's another thing I miss - my sounding board; someone to share things with, good and bad.

One reminder, Anderson will have a segment on 60 Minutes this Sunday. Have a good night everyone and keep your fingers crossed that we'll have an AC360 with AC come Monday.

No comments: